Lessons I have learned after a decade of professional programming
- Don’t worry too much about being a great programmer.
- Learn new things when your brain is hungry.
- Do other things when your brain is tired of programming.
- It’s ok to try out things that are considered the new hotness.
- It’s ok to try out things that are considered old and tired.
- Find things that tickle your curiosity.
- Be wary of the tribalism around technologies.
- Seek out feedback from others.
- When possible, be in a place where you get to work on problems you find interesting.